Re: where can i get a 20 amp relay?

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux wrote:

>Dave, you're probably thinking of a different model.
>This kind kicks in the solenoid and the starter motor
>at the same time... and in some applications, is
>used for switching the compressor motor on the hydraulic
>freight lift the back of some larger trucks...way more
>than 10 amps.  I think if it were only handling 10 or
>so, the terminals wouldn't have a 5/16-18 thread, they'd
>likely be a lot smaller, like a 10-24.
         In any case, such like are designed for 12-15vdc.

         Running 115vac on the contacts can lead to
         catastrophic failure.  Ferinstance: contacts weld
         shut, leading to 'stuck on' failure...

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...