Re: Twin coil help?

Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/RalphsCoil/BP%201.jpg>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/RalphsCoil/BP%201.jpg

Adam,
The above URL will take you to some pictures of a bipolar coil.
I have built several bipolars and I am working now on my 3rd
bipolar twin. I do not know what you mean by the primaries
being tuned 180 degrees out of phase. The two primaries
are tuned to the same frequency to resonate with the
secondaries which are also at the same frequency. The pictures show
two variations of a center-fed, 1/2 - wave bipolar. Cut the whole thing
in half and you have twins. I have found that tuning a pair of twins
is very tricky. I am doing that right now. Bert Hickman has an
excellent paper on the subject.

Ralph Zekelman