RE: NST TEST GRAPHS Attn; Terry

Hi Daniel,

That is sort of a hard question.

Going from the charts at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm

We see that the actual VA of a transformer can be pretty high.  My 15/30
can reach 803VA in a static gap system.  803 VA / 120vac = 6.7 amps.

But in my simple testing, I was using a 4 amps fuse. since I didn't think
it should go over 4 amps.

In a Tesla coil, having PFC caps can make a dramatic difference in current
draw too.

In my coils, I can calculate or model the currents and directly measure
them so I know pretty much what the current should be.  But that does not
help most people.  I guess I don't have a "good" answer here other than
trail and error :-(  I guess, this subject needs more thought...

The fuse is just a standard 1/4 x 1-1/4 "fast blow" fuse like Radio Shack
sells.

Cheers,

         Terry