Re: My first ARSG - Tribute to Terry Blake !

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 20:50 22/01/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>
>I just finished my first ARSG and to my knowledge, I think I am the first to
>follow in the footsteps of Terry Blake's Propeller-Rotor design.
>Thanks to Terry Blake's ingeniusness, we individuals who lack the machining
>equipment to make a precision balanced rotor can now have a
>top quality rotary spark gap.

I agree! As a mechanical engineer, I think the propeller rotor is a
masterpiece of K.I.S.S design. It appears to be light and strong, balancing
ought to be trivial, and there are no screws, bolts, or loose parts to fly
off and do you an injury. I was stuck with my mini ARSG, but Terry Blake's
clever invention has given me some inspiration.

Steve C.