Questions on first coil...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CoolCorals-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello, I have been watching this list and researching Tesla for about 8
months now.  I finally am building my first TC.  Of course, I have run into
some questions in the process.  I have read quite a bit and have the
formula's from
<http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/coilspecs.html>http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/coilspecs.html
.  Also, I have the Tesla cad and Win Tesla program.  I have used these to
get the baseline for my coil.  After components are built I am confirming
each item (h/d, L, turns, Tpi, etc.).  This is where my questions come
about, but first  I'll give a quick run down of what I have so far.  The
Transformer and 28 gauge wire are what I had to start.

Neon Supply:  Franceformer 6000v -at- 30 ma

Secondary:   2.37" x 22.20" x 28ga x 781.15 turns. (win tesla L= 3.68mh &
SC=7.49pF & Fo= 505Khz)

Torrid:  4.25" x 13.45" (win tesla C= 19.47pF)

Primary:  4.37"d x 2"H x 7 turns x 6 ga (win tesla.159wire, .100 space, 7
turns L= .0117mH)

Tank Cap:  My neon max is .0133uF, with this P/S combo win tesla says
.0085pF is required for Xl=Xc -at- 505khz.

      Now my questions.
      1.  Secondary is wrapped on PVC form because that is what I had is
that okay?  How much Loss is it compared to Acrylic?
      2.  My secondary when built had the same turns, turns per inch and
length that win tesla said, buy my Marconi RLC shows a 3.825mH inductance
whereas win tesla said 3.68mH,  why the difference?
      3.  I then went back into win tesla and forced the 3.825 by "showing
at 22.5" height and same torroid (it's built, home-brew ducting), is this
correct?
      4.  Now my big problem now.  I have just finished the primary and
tested it's inductance on my RLC.  Actual L= .005945mH  Win Tesla
.0117mH!!!!!!!  That's almost double the actual inductance!!! What's up
with that?  So, I cross checked with the old formula from the site
above.  Low and behold it says I will end up at.0054mH!  Now that's a lot
closer.  My question is why is Win tesla so high?  The only thing I can
think is that it adds the mutual inductance with it?  Please help
here.  Now that it's L is so low I have to have a .0171uF to meet Fo and
that exceeds my Transformer!  I was trying to keep below the max output,
but what the heck.

      Anyway, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.  I only have
to get or make the cap and spark gap left.  I hope I don't have to make any
stuff over again.

      Thanks, Brad Kretzmeier
      Intraspek
      800 Main Street