SSTC on Ebay

Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi All,

I am selling a small, completely finished SSTC on Ebay. For those of
you who have spark-gap coils but have never seen the flame of an
SSTC, now's your chance!

The auction may be seen at:

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2909397286

The Ebay item number is: 2909397286

I built this coil to sell, with extreme reliability in mind.

For those interested, the circuit is a "quasi-feedback" type, meaning
that there is an oscillator (555) that powers the coil at low input
voltages (less than one volt), and the feedback signal kicks in at
voltages greater than a volt. This allows a smooth RF envelope, and
the ability to run 1/2 wave DC into the bridge (for sparklength)
while the circuit exactly tracks the resonant frequency for
efficiency and reliability. The feedback signal is taken from the
small antenna to the left of the tesla transformer on top of the blue
box. The power electronics is a half-bridge using IRF640's (200V
20A).

There is a start-up circuit using a single MOSFET in series with the
low side of the half-bridge. A resistor divider, cap, and diode are
arranged where the gate of this FET slowly comes to 12V when the unit
is plugged in and switched on. The button may be pressed on and off
quickly, and/or it may be plugged in and out quickly with no damage
to the unit. I will have schematics and pics on my website soon....

Thanks for looking at the auction ; )

Take care,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP