Re: Combining several caps and MMC DC ratings

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

But this has nothing to do with the manufacturer's ratings.  It has to do
with the vast experience with these capacitors among
tesla coilers around the world.  For these types of MMCs, it has been
acceptable to rate their DC ratings as the AC voltage.

For example, I have one MMC which is rated at 14400 VDC (9 caps in series at
1600V) with my 15kV NST.  I've been running this thing very frequently for
the past year and no sign of any failure.  Others also have similar
experiences with these type of capacitors.

Dan