re: Re: Etesla6 math questions

Hi Peter,

A goggle search for "e-field calculation equipotential" brings up many fine
sources like:

http://www.electrostatics3d-dot-com/Main/Home.htm

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/gaulaw.html

http://www.fieldp-dot-com/book.html

http://www.electrostatic-dot-com/Humphries.htm

but these are all too "high brow"....  the "real" method is trivial...  I
don't seem to find a "straight forward" on-line explanation for how one
finds the E-fields in a 2D space with boundary conditions....

I am hoping one of our more learned people out there has that perfect
explanation?  All it does, is the computer averages the four points around
a given point many many times...  Seems so simple but I can't explain it
with words...  Let me think on the explanation and hope someone else has
the answer in the mean time ;-))

I hate to be the blind one leading the blind here 8-))

Cheers,

         Terry