Re: BIG VTTC project

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I could not imagine the day that i was able to destroy a pig (sorry
"distribution transformer" :)) to make a lousy filament
transformer!  Really its only about 160watts of power per tube, so i dont
see why you could not get away with making it from something smaller (like
an NST core, or a MOT core).  Ive made 2 fil supplies from NST cores.  1 is
a 10v 13A for a 304TL, and the other is a 10v 20A for a dual 833A
coil.  Some cores are better than others when it comes to vibrations.  With
the latter transformer, i had problems with the tubes rattling from the
transformers intense vibrating!
So i had to shock mount it (isolate) from the coils chassis.

Greg, good luck, and i hope to see you pursue this project.

Steve Ward.

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/virus