Re: HV Wire - electrical tape?

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Hi Godfrey,

Since you don't have robust insulation between the core and primary or
between the primary and inner portion of the secondaries, I'd recommend
connecting the inner leads of your HV windings to the core AND to the mains
ground. This will keep the voltage stress seen by the inside and outside
portions of the primary controlled and low (i.e., line voltage). Your RF
ground can still be used for the center electrode in the safety gap and to
ground the base of the TC secondary. Do not connect the RF ground to the
transformer core.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--