Re: HV Measurement - Back to Basics

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Jim,
If you were not going to use a precision rectifier on the low voltage end
of the chain, then you would have to use a high voltage rectifier before
the dropping resistors.  I guess it's about a wash in terms of difficulty
-- building a 15 kV full wave bridge for the high end vs. a precision
rectifier at the low end of the divider network.  I guess that if you had a
set of HV diodes available, then it wouldn't be too hard to tackle the HV
end approach.
Dave