Setting safety gaps and main spark gap

Original poster: "Mudford, Chris by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chris.mudford-at-agresearch.co.nz>

Having rebuilt several components of a small tesla coil (only kept the
secondary as is) I am at the stage of setting everything up.  What I've
got is a 6 kV 30 mA NST which goes through a filter (Gregory Hunter)
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/filter.htm, a series spark gap in parallel
with the NST and a MMC (with safety gap) in series with the NST.  What I
need to know is how I set it up such as to have the safety gaps set to
take care of any over voltage conditions and the main gap set.

Cheers, Chris.