Re: wima fkp1 mmc

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 > Where can I find Wima fkp1 series capacitors? Jan Wagner recommended these,
 > and from Terry's testing that I found in the archives, it looks like these
 > are able to stand the highest currents. I would go with geek group
 > capacitors but my design is especially hard on the caps, and I'm not sure
 > geek caps can take it. I checked digikey, allied, arrow, and some other
 > places, but I cant find them.

To me it looks like DigiKey has these in stock, although they're
manufactured by Panasonic not Wima.

http://dkc3.digikey-dot-com/PDF/T031/0668-0670.pdf

or as the metallized version, which DigiKey touts as suited for high
current applications:

http://dkc3.digikey-dot-com/PDF/T031/0670.pdf

Of course, I've never ordered any of these Panasonic caps from
DigiKey from the US (because I've all Wima here in Finland :-) so it isn't
first-hand experience, but judging from those catalog pages these
Panasonic caps are suited equally well like FKP1 or FKP2. Maybe someone
else would like to comment on this...

Well, it could be that Panasonic is the main polypropylene pulse capacitor
supplier in the US, and Wima here in Europe. So you don't find FKP1 / FKP2
types in the US. Maybe.

You could of course still try Farnell or RS Components, they just _might_
carry Wima FKP1 or FKP2.

cheers,

  - Jan

--