RE: Gen 4 Larger coil <assistance please>

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Glenn -

You can do your own checking easily by clicking on

    http://www.mgte-dot-com

Click on TESLA then JHCTES Books
At bottom of book page click on JHCTES Ver 3.3 computer program.
This is an on-line TC program.

-----------

Enter for Secondary Coil
    Rad   7.75      Turns 780 (41 lg x 19 TPI)
    TPI  19.00      Sec Hgt above Pri = 0
    Sec Term  = 20 pf

Enter for Primary SPIRAL Coil
    Cap   .05 uf     Avg Rad   12.0     Coil Hgt = 0.0
    Width = 5.0

Outputs -
    Res Freq = 90 Khz     Sec Ind = 76.09 mh
    Sec coil lgt = 41 inches
    Pri turns = 8.13

---------------

There are many other possibilities.
Change only the pri cap to Cp = .03 uf.
    Pri turns = 10.49

Change only the sec coil lgt = 61 inches
Turns = 61 x 19 TPI = 1159
    Res Freq = 50 Khz

Changing the pri cap changes the pri turns, etc.
Changing the sec turns or sec term changes the res freq, sec inductance,
etc.

When you change any input the program automatically gives you the proper
outputs for a TC that is always in tune.

John Couture