RE: Primary flat wire????

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I would think twice before using the weatherstripping.  To be springy,
weatherstripping must be phosphor bronze (copper would be too soft), but
the resistivity of phosphor bronze is 8.9 times that of copper.  You may do
better with aluminum flashing, resistivity 1.7 times that of copper, though
I can't say what effect the Al oxide coating may have on skin effect losses.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

To save some space, I'd like to build a primary using flat ribbon type
wire???

I think both Ed Wingate and Terry Blake had used bronze or copper
weatherstripping.
Anyone have a cheap source for this stuff.  So far, the places I looked at
were sell 10mils, 1" wide
stripping in 100 foot rolls for $200.00 or so.

Dan