resonant cap with safety gaps...

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <justin-at-tracesofnut-dot-com>

Hi All,

If I have a safety gap properly setup with a static gap coil and
increase the power supply current (by adding nst's) so that the tank cap
is approaching resonant size, will I be risking anything?

I have my MMC's setup so that each board is 19.4nf (17 caps of
0.33/1600) and I plan to use 1 board initially with a 15kv/60ma.  I can
have up to 7 boards for 135nf

I also have a 90ma supply (3x30ma) which I would like to try but this
makes the tank cap close to resonant.  Potential problem?

Regards

Justin.