M.O. Caps as ballast

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Hello All,

I would like to hear from any of you with experience using microwave caps
as high voltage ballast. Specifically, when the caps are used in series
with the HV output. I want to try limiting my distribution xfmr this way
before winding myself a variable-gap inductor. Information about what
current to expect for each cap, etc. will be the most helpful. Thanks for
your input!

Regards,
Gregory
--