Re: Primary design for an Inherited TC

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Dan:   Flat primary has less coupeling and less likely to arc between
primary and secondary and are well suited to shorter secondary coils. Long
secondary and low voltage coils nead more coupeling, but spacing is
important to avoid arks between primaty and secondary. An insulating primary
coil form may be required for low voltage use. For historical cosmetics the
solinoid coil is prefered. The inverted cone coil is probibly the best
primary for efficency, but that is not of importance in restoration of an
old coil.
   Robert  H