Re: My first ARSG, or a Dangerous Design?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classictesla-at-netzero-dot-com>

No, but will cause the tungsten to press into the set screw and into the
threaded hole applying a "goodly" amount of pressure to the tungsten. There
is no "dig into" the tungsten, but there is definitely pressure. It's nice
for adjustments to keep the electrode "unscathed". I've used a set screw
setup on a G10/tungsten disk for quite sometime now, and have never had a
set screw (1/4") or electrode  (.375" x 1.25") come loose.
Just don't use screw locking adhesives (Loctite, etc.). Electrodes get hot,
thus, set screws get hot. This heat causes adhesives to expand and begin
stress cracks in the set screw wall. Bad things are then "predictable".

Bart