Re: My first ARSG, or a Dangerous Design?

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

 > Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

 > Ken: Tungsten and tungsten carbide silver solder with no problem. A brass
 > mount or sleeve can be easly silver soldered to the rod. A dimple can also
 > be ground into the tungsten rod to act as a detent for a set screw to hold
 > -   Robert  H-

Dimples in brass or flats ground into the tungsten rod with opposing collars
are just more items to 1) try to fly away 2)add way more vibration when
things get imbalanced 3)when unbalanced they are extra weight that tries to
pull the shaft out of the plastic block or whatever you use to attach the
rotor to the motor shaft.

Securing the tungsten rod closet to it's center is the best place to hold it
in place. The forces there are the smallest. However as others mentioned, it
probably does not matter if keep the RPMs low. I'd avoid being near any
"quick and dirty" devices running at 10,000 RPM.

KEN