Re: Practical limit to number of turns on primary ? ? ?

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

<http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html>http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html
 > click on the link for "efficiency theory".

  I'm not sure this is the case here? when i built the 3000 turn coil it
uses 24 turns of 1/8" inch primary, the 3' wide primary form assures
coupling to the top of the 42" coil. I'm very impressed with the 2kva
120" discharges compared with the 4' discharges of a 4"-1300 turn coil
placed on the same psu. Also with using many turns of wire will
distribute sharp voltage grandaunt lows over a much broader area, thus
cutting down on mid coil breakout.
  The whole myth of the 1200-1800 turns being optimal only show that not
many coilers are willing to try more!
  With a 6000 turn secondary combined with, a proper primary
construction, could very well surpass my ten footers at 2kva.

By the way, i have never felt secondary heating along the coils.

http://members.fortunecity-dot-com/marcmet/index.htm

Marc M.