Re: Why the difference in Fo WinTesla & Fantc?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<CoolCorals-at-aol-dot-com>

 > I have a question here, doesn't the Inductance of the whole primary plus
 > tank wires determine the total Tank Inductance?  I was hoping to then
 > shorten the wires to adjust frequency.  If with no wires im at .0059mH and
 > with all wires .0095mH (as tested), this would allow for a cap range from
 > .0175uF - .0108uF while still maintaining the 500khz.  That goes from under
 > my ballast max to well over, so can I just tune my tank wiring for
 > this?  Is the reason for keeping tank wires short so that most of the
 > inductance is in the actual primary?  Like in my case if the tank wires
 > have essentially doubled my inductance, then the energy stored would also
 > be split 1/2 in tank wires and 1/2 in Coil??

The inductance of a straight thin wire is of about 1 uH/m, so more or
less wire can make significant difference. The energy distribution is
not a serious problem. Only the coupling coefficient is affected, and
the energy transfer takes more time.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz