From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 8:26 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: 'true" spark length was Re: Desktop Bipolar Coil

Original poster: "Steve Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

  >the "True"
  >length is indeterminate and may be anything greater than the straight line
  >distance and less than infinity... TCs are far too
  >complex to be able to speak intelligently about single-value performance.

  >Hopefully this may help take some of the fuzziness out of the discussion.

Maybe, but it replaced the fuzziness with fractals and chaos, which is even
worse :D All I know is, it's a random thing, so if you graphed probability
of a strike to a rod in time interval T vs. distance of rod from toroid, you
would probably see a Poisson distribution. We ought to be able to use that
to produce a standard spark length parameter. Maybe someone who actually
knows about statistics could help me out here?

http://stat.tamu.edu/stat30x/notes/node70.html#SECTION00435000000000000000

Steve C.