Re: free energy?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:15 AM
Subject: free energy?

 > Original poster: "Bernie Crews by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bern-at-flaccess-dot-com>

 > has anyone tried reversing the coil so as to capture energy from the air?

More than one person has tried this... There may be kilowatts (very, very
few stations actually radiating a megawatt..so called "border blasters" on
AM might be the only case) radiated out, but it's essentially spread out
over a very large area/volume so the energy density is low.  Take a station
with 50 kW and assume that's spread out over a hemisphere... 10 miles away,
the area of the hemisphere is 52800^2*2* pi square feet... Rounding a bit
5.28E4^2 * 2 * 3.14 >>> 180E8 square feet.  Divide that 50E3 watts up...
50/180 E3/E8 => .35E-5  3.5 microwatts per square foot.....

There's a much more effective free energy source available... The sun... 1
kW/square meter, and readily available components are available with a
conversion efficiency of about 20%. Or, perhaps, 100W/square meter as a
complete system. The cost is around $3-8/watt.  Granted you only get, on the
average, about 8 hours a day, but, it IS free.