Re: Problems with SRSG on TC

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The total gap is maybe .07 inches, .35 or so on each side. I don't think
that is the problem as the TC "off" time is 10 seconds or so, then 5
seconds of operation, etc...

Regards,

Chris

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz "

Hi Chris,

How wide is the RSG gap (stationary to rotating)? If it's too wide, your
cap may be firing at too high a voltage and somewhat randomly along the RSG
path. If a firing is missed, the cap "may" continue to charge to a higher
voltage if the transformer is capable. This relates to the RSG firing
intermittently (not at the 240 BPS you may assume it is) and often leads to
the safety gap firing intermittently. BTW, at 240 BPS, phase off-peak about
23 degrees. (where voltage and current curves cross).

Take care,
Bart