Re: MMC cap bank

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

The rating you specified alone should tell you it won't work for a long
time --- perhaps short time until you start blowing them.

The pig is 14.4 kV and you intend to run the cap string at 900V x 10 which
only equals 9 kV.  Failure is certain --- the only question is when.

With NST's we use 13-14 caps per series.  With pole xmfrs I would recommend
around 16 caps per series as an absolute min.

Less than this will eventually begin to failure.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913