Re: MMC cap bank

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hmmm... but how do it know ;-)?
The current flowing *in each burst* is completely
independent (assuming fixed firing voltage) of the
break rate, so how does one burst know to lose more or
less energy? It seems to me that identical
circumstances would lead to identical loss ;-)).

Does the first burst waste a different amount of
energy because it doesn't know the real break rate
;-))?

Why do you say that the RMS current is 10x? I agree
that the RMS is  the "equivalent" AC current to a
fixed DC current. To find the RMS you square, average,
and then take the square root. After squaring and
averaging, the result for 1000 BPS will be 10 times
the answer for 100 BPS, because the squaring affects
them both the same. After taking the square root, the
ratio droppes to SQRT10 right???

BTW- Thanks for being such a cool moderator guy ;-))

=====
Jimmy