5kVA Pole Xfrmrs Avail in NZ

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Team (fellow coilers in NZ)

A Company called Capital Recylers in Seaview has 2 off 5kVA single phase
xfrmrs ex a decommissioned power station

They are housed in oil filled ceramic cases and are 230V/11kV units as far
as I can see. Size about 700H 500W 300D. Actual ICAS rating would far exceed
5kVA

The Company that is selling them looks for 1/3 new price on these types of
items BUT I expect they will quickly find that in NZ these specific items
are not as re-saleable as the larger 3 phase units and may be prepared to
consider offers much less than the $1300 when they discover the market will
not support this.(possibly closer to copper scrap value)  The company is
more your typical metal scrap business looking for selected selling of
special things when they can. They seem to have these types of things
passing thru their business regularly.

Good luck
Ted Linney, Wgtn NZ