Re: Where to buy pfc caps?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

You don't need PFC capacitors for your PT.  That particular potential
transformer is run at about 26-30A input current and most who use this
transformer have the current available
to run them.
Also, I use my PT (same type) for a demo unit all over the place even
running it with no problems on standard 20A service outlets for short
durations.

Unless you are extremely limited for power, then PFCs are a waste of money.
I don't think anyone has ever used PFC capacitors with this particular
transformer.

The Captain

 > > >I am looking for a power factor correction cap for my 14.4Kv 1.5 KVA
PT.