Re: hi freq's and computers

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh / KB3EWY by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Bernie,

I run my VTTC about 15 to 20 feet away from my webserver
periodically. The computer is fine with it, but it is
connected via cat5 ethernet cable to a router, which gets
messed up when it is run. A simple reset of the router and
everything is back to norm. Also, I have run my mini
conventional coil maybe 3 feet from the same computer. If I
remember correctly, the screen went blank and it had to be
rebooted to work. It was even on the same electrical circuit.
In regards to operating large coils next to any electronic
equipment, I try to unplug all of my computers and other
expensive stereos and whatnot. Better safe than sorry!
Andy C.
Ham Call: KB3EWY
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/kb3ewy
http://207.172.49.48