Re: MMC sources

Original poster: "Rodney Goolsby by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeronimo-at-bright-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 1:05 AM
Subject: MMC sources

 > Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gerryreynolds-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any current info in
 > the archieves.  What are the sources of MMC caps, what do they cost, and
 > are they currently available??  Any other info you think I need would also
 > be appreciated.
 >
 > Thankyou all,
 >
 > Gerry R
 > Ft. Collins, CO

    I got my caps from the geek group web site, www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc .
$3.00 per cap, .15uf -at- 2kvdc each or
$2.50 for .10uf -at- 2kvdc.  Their page says they'll receive 1000 caps from
Cornell-Dubilier on 2003-06-05, so I'm assuming they would be available now.
 >From what I've read these are some of the best caps to use for TC's and from
my experience this is very true.  They hold up very well as long as the are
constructed well.  I've also seen some on www.digikey-dot-com , but I haven't
looked at them for a while.
Ryan
P.S. these are only a few sources, I'm sure others know many more places to
get mmc's.