looking for reference

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

I'm looking for a reference to a mathematical analysis of the following
system:	a signal generator is used to excite an LC resonator, and the phase
and amplitude of the LC resonator is related to the frequency difference
between the signal generator and the resonant frequency of the resonator.

I know I've seen such a derivation, and IIRC when the signal generator
frequency is below the resonator's then the resonator phase is ahead of
the generator, and vice verse when the generator frequency is above (or
I've got it backwards...).

I'ld like to see it again, but can't find it in any of the books I still
have at home.

thanks,
Pete Lawrence.