New tube for Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Kevin Eldredge by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kreld-at-flash-dot-net>

All

   The local electrical surplus store (Dessertway Lab) recently had a new
batch of old aviation equipment from FAA, most being radar stuff.  I bought
a bunch including a radar hard tube pulser (modulator) which had 3 #8252w /
4pr60c switching tubes rated 337 kW pulse duty, 20,000 volt, 18 amp plate
volt/amp.
  I threw together a scramble Coil on the workbench & powered it up to 4000
volts, 250 mA with no attempt in tuning at all, just to see if it would
oscillate, it does well. It's a tetrode, and I'm using the grid only for
feedback, no sreen connection. A 3" x 12" coil had 3" sparks (no tuning,
just the first HV mica cap I grabbed and wired accross the primary
coil)  Question, plate dissipation is 60 W, anyone know how much average
power I could run this tube since it is rated pulse duty?

   Other good tubes found were # JAN 4D32's that look good for small Coils.

Coiling in Oklahoma
Kevin E.