RE: NST types

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

NST secondary voltages commonly come in 3, 4, 6, 7.5, 9, 12, and 15kV
flavors.  For the lower voltages, 3, 4, & 6kV (I'm not 100% certain where
the cutoff is), they have a single secondary winding with one side of the
secondary grounded to the core.  Higher voltage NST's have two windings,
each with one side grounded to the core, resulting in a mid-point-grounded
configuration.  A 15kV NST will definitely have the midpoint grounded.

NST's are available in both 120 and 240V primary voltages.  Also, beware
that a 3rd (though uncommon) variant with a 277V primary is sometimes used
in the states

Secondary currents are commonly 30 & 60mA, though 12kV & 15kV units are
most often the smaller 30mA variety.  I've heard of 120mA units, but these
seem to be very rare.  I've never heard of anything higher than a 15kV
unit.  Happy hunting!

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gerryreynolds-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Im new to NSTs and want to know what configurations they come in?
Are outputs always CT?   Is a 15KV CT output 15KV on each side of the CT or
the total across both poles?
Do they come in both 120 input and 240 input?
What is the largest available NST?  15KV -at- 60ma?  or are there larger KVs
or higher currnet ones?
Thanks for any info provided.

Gerry Reynolds
Ft Collins, CO USA