MOT supply ballasting

Original poster: "Matt Whitman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <teslacoiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello all. A while back there was some talk about capacitively ballasting
mot supplies. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with this and
how do you wire it up. I have a six pack mot supply that is inductively
ballasted with two mots in parallel and their secondaries shorted. This
limits the current to 340ma but also limits the voltage to around 7kv, which
is about half what it could output. Suggestions and  comments would be
greatly appreciated.

Matt Whitman
teslacoiler-at-hotmail-dot-com
http://web.a-znet-dot-com/~teslacoiler/index.html