Problems with SRSG on TC

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all,

I recently completed an SRSG that runs at 3600 RPM
with a 1/4 inch by 7.5 inch dia Lexan disk, with 4
stainless steel electrodes for 240BPS. I use a MOT
stack running at about 2kVA and a 38nF cap. Secondary
is 1000 turns or so of 22AWG on 4 inch SCH 40 PVC.
Toroid is 4 by 16. I don't know what is wrong with my
TC but it only sparks intermittently, and I think this
is due to my RSG. Any clue as to what causes this?

The TC outputs 3 foot sparks at best, falling short of
the 3.5-4 feet that I got from an air blast single
gap. It goes "zzzt..." and quits, then after another
20 seconds or so it goes "zzzz..." for about 5
seconds, etc...

One thing that I never noticed before was that when
running at 3kVA or so the cap's saftey gap fired,
sounded like a gun firing many times per second.

Thanks in advance,

Chris