RE: Need Plans for building a Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

If you are looking for something very simple with a parts list thats easily
obtainable at your local hardware store, than a coil similar to the one
shown here might work well for you:

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil4.htm

LIST OF MATERIALS for above Tesla Coil:

1.  2" PVC x 2 foot length
2.  30 AWG Magnet Wire 500ft
3.  2" Dia. Copper Pipe (for spark gap)
4.  Neon Sign Transformer
5.  Small MMC type capacitors (digikey-dot-com)
6.  Power Cord
7.  Shipping crate cushion covered with aluminum foil tape for toroid
8.  1/4" copper tubing for Primary Coil

A coil like this or even large (utilizing simple static spark) gap is very
simple to build and parts
are readily available.

The Captain