RE: Toroid question and HV Disease

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Or have parents that are completley fearful about high voltage! I always
tell everyone that the hardest part for me of building these things was
convincing my parents. I had to have my physics teacher, electronics
teacher, an electrical engineer, and my old science teacher who fooled
around with these things all write a note saying that we knew what we were
doing and wouldn't burn the house down before they even CONSIDERED letting
me build these things... Even to this day, I still can't get any of the
"impressive" stuff (anyting utility line related) so I'm currently limited
(pun intended) to the "dinky" NST's and such. Oh well... I guess I still
have more convincing to do. =D But I'm really glad that they have been as
flexible as they are though. After all, I could be limited to only the
"shuffle your feet across the carpet" method of making sparks! =D

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz "

Actually, from what I've seen, the best way to rid any interest in high
voltage is to have a parent that is completely
obsessed with high voltage!!!

Dan

 > >Guys,
 > >
 > > > Dan you are one sick man. But fear not, there is a cure, all
 > > > you need to do
 > > > is get married, have three kids, and a $200,000 mortgage.
 > >
 > >I tried that with only two kids. It doesn't work. I have over
 > >8,000lbs of HV gear in two different garages...
 >
 > omigod maybe you have passed it on to your kids! Before you
 > know it they
 > will have 8,000lbs of their own HV gear cluttering up your garages :D
 >
 > Steve C.

-Chris

"The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that
lightning isn't distributed right." -Mark Twain

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Do you Yahoo!?
Free <http://us.rd.yahoo-dot-com/mail_us/tag/*http://calendar.yahoo-dot-com>online
calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).