RE: Need a variable-speed 2hp or greater AC motor for serious gap drive

Original poster: "brianb by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brianb-at-antelecom-dot-net>

And they usually spin at under 600rpm...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 9:56 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Need a variable-speed 2hp or greater AC motor for serious
gap drive

Original poster: "Nick Andrews by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<nicothefabulous-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, the squirrel cage on a swamp cooler (evap) is pretty good size and
spins fairly fast, and they are driven by 1/4 up to 1-1/2hp motors just
fine.  And they (obviously) move a fair bit of air...  Much larger and more
rotating mass than most rotor discs I've seen.

Nick A