Cable current capability

Original poster: "Richard W. by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

Hi all,

I have two AC cables. One is 50 feet of 6/4 the other is 20 feet 4/4. I'd
like to use the longer one, 50ft. 6/4, to power a 10Kva pig, 240vac. Is
that cable heavy enough considering it's length? I've never done house
wiring of any kind and this hobby really challenges the limit of my
knowledge of 240vac supply handling. There's an empty slot in the breaker
box where I can install an extra 50 amp tandem breaker so getting the
240vac in the first place shouldn't be a problem as far as I can see.

Thanks!

Rick W.