Re: Cable current capability

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 > If you install the circuit in your garage or
 > outside, you'll probably need a GFCI 50 Amp
 > dual 240V breaker or else you'll probably
 > nullify your home owner's insurance policy.
 > Infact, if you do it any other way than
 > I specified, you will probably be in
 > violation of some code, and you probably
 > won't be covered if your house burns down.

Actually, I'd check with your insurance company.  Almost all insurance
agencies these days will NOT cover losses due to electrical fire / mishap
unless the work performed in your
home is:

A. Done by a licensed electrician

B.  If done by yourself,  the work must be officially inspected.

With the steadily increasing insurance costs, insurance companies are doing
everything they can to NOT pay you in the event of a mishap.

Of course, you can always claim the work was done before you even moved in.

The Captain