Re: Joining two rolls of wire on the secondary coil

Original poster: "Steve Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

I don't know what all the hassle is about. Both my secondaries are a total
mess. They both have turns crossing over in a couple of places and one has a
great big solder joint about 2/3 of the way up where I snapped the wire
while winding. But they both produce sparks 1.5 x their length with no
problems.

I do agree that if you're running huge bang energy and trying to get sparks
close to the self-destruct limit (about twice the length of your secondary)
these little things might be important, but for more modest use I would be
inclined to just push on regardless :)

Steve C.

 > Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>