Re: Solid State Plasma Tweeters

Original poster: "Dan Strother by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dstroth-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I'm currently working on a design, also using a SSTC topology. But I havent
nailed down much on it, and I'm sure it will not turn out well, like most
of my projects ;).

At least one other amateur solid state plasma tweeter has been constructed,
with okay results: http://www.ece.villanova.edu/ion/ . But they were unable
to match that of tube based plasma tweeters (in quality, anyways). Unless
you are using a ground strike, you will need to operate at several MHz
(5+), in order to eliminate audible hiss in the brush discharge.

Dan

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/virus