Re: Maxwell High Voltage Capacitors

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

They are overkill for a TC, but put them in series and the total cap is
down there where they would match a 12-60 or 15-60 NST (just a little
over resonant size, so be sure to use safety gaps and a Terry Filter too).

On the otherhand I look at caps like these and figure I'll never be able
to afford enough of them to make a "coin shrinker".

-Pete Lawrence.

 >Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<JACKBINTHEBOX-at-aol-dot-com>

 >I picked up 2 Maxwell High Voltage Capacitors off Ebay this
 >morning.  They're rated at 0.03 microfarad and 45kV.  Assuming they are
 >fully operational, will these be sufficient caps for a coil (2 ft tall
 >secondary) running on a 12 or 15kV neon transformer?
 >
 >Here's a link to the
 >caps:
 ><http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2536648936&category=4662&rd
=1>http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2536648936&category=4662&r