NST in oil design to help prevent NST failures

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

I'm working hard on this problem Ken.  In July I hope to offer 15 kV 120 mA
units in core/coil assemblies that can be dropped in a tupperware dish full
of xmfr oil and the shunt moved over to around 180 mA.

Later this fall we expect to do the 16 kV, 200 mA units and the shunt on
this could be moved as far as 250-300 mA if the duty cycle is short.

Epoxy is ok for lighter duty but oil is the best for HV insulation and
cooling factors.  A good 200 degree C wire in oil and you have to boil the
oil before it dies.

I'm trying to optimize the design to keep the costs affordable for members
of this list.  Will keep you posted.  The bobbins and the windings aren't
the problem --- it's optimizing laminated core costs to make it all work
out.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.