Re: Synchronous Motor for SRSG

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Not sure about the actual wiring.  There is a capacitor that needs to be
wired in there somewhere.

Also, note that hysteresis motors are synchronous but relative position of
the rotor can change from start to start.  Therefore, you may have to tune
your synch gap everytime you run your coil.
I do this by using a modified strobe light and just by cycling the power on
and off until the rotor lines up like i want.

The Captain