Re: Need help identifying the terminals on my first NST, and how do I test it....

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Jack

1. First thing you need, to power your NST is to find a reliable 3 prong
cord. Old microwaves are great for this.
2. Crimp on some nice terminal eyes to the tree wires.
3.YES you need to connect the GREEN GROUND. The ground for you tesla coil
secondary and safety gaps can be connected to the RF ground. The RF ground
is the ground you need to find or make. Not your house ground.
4. Connect the White and Black wires to your SMALL terminals. It makes no
matter which terminal is which. The White and Black wires can go on ether spot.

Remember that the HV terminals are the fat ones on the sides. And hey man
be safe because you can be terribly hurt.
And read some old posts, most every thing you need to know is there if you
can stand to search for it.
Good Luck
Read you later
Josh