Re: Why i want a pt Re: 5KVA or bigger PT for sale?

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 08:11 AM 16/06/03 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "June Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

 >Scott
 >
 >A majority of mobile home installations require 250 amp service
 >connections and electric stoves require 80 amp service connections.
 >My shop welder requires 100 amp service.  That is 100 amps on each
 >leg of the 117 volt service.  If you use electric heat in your house
 >you should have 400 amp service.

Hello Coilers,

Whoa a moment!  I'd love to see your electric stove, as it must be
a biggy!  Same goes for your welder!  My home has (no longer used)
electric heat, a full sized electric stove, and a huge amount of
electrical and electronic equipment, all run via a 200 Amp service.
The stove has a dual 40 Amp breaker, and the ones for my electric
baseboard heaters are dual 20 Amp units.

My shop and Tesla lab has a separate 125 Amp service, fed from the
same 50 KVA pole pig as the house.  The breaker for my Miller 225
Amp welder is a dual 50 Amp.  At present I'm powering my coil from
a dual 20 Amp breaker, but I've allowed for upping that when I go
to a larger coil.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody has survived it yet!"

Listening: 7,055, 147.030+, and 442.075+
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle