RE: Counterpoise and MMC demise

Original poster: "Steve Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

Original poster: "Mudford, Chris by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chris.mudford-at-agresearch.co.nz>

 >Hi all

 >Is using a counterpoise hard on MMC capacitors?

In my experience no. I usually run my medium size DC coil with a
counterpoise and my MMC doesn't even seem to get warm (not that I dare to
touch it for a couple of minutes after power down) However a counterpoise
could affect the tuning if you had tuned the system with an ordinary ground
rod, and being off tune could do funny things to the MMC?

Steve C.