RE: Optimum capacitor size

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

The resonant cap size for a 12/240 60 Hz NST would be .053uF.  I've found
that twice the mains-resonant value works best with a static gap, and an
LTR sizing is safer for the NST too.  I would put the recommended range
between .05 and .10uF, preferably on the high end to minimize overvoltage
problems.

That said, are you sure you have enough mains juice for such a hefty NST
farm?  Using LTR caps will draw considerably more power from an NST than
the faceplate rating suggests.  My single 15/60 NST pulls over 20 Amps from
the wall.

Gary Lau
MA, USA